OCLC's most recent membership report was designed to explore emerging trends that impact libraries and librarianship. The takeaway from this report is the key assertion that “Tipping Points are Opportunity Points”
Fueled by mobile devices, new learning platforms and economic incentives, learners are trying and achieving success with new learning models. The information consumer has become an online education consumer. Nearly half of the online population has participated in online learning. See how trends and triggers are reshaping education and lifelong learning—and the opportunities and challenges this shift brings to libraries.
· Habits and perceptions of online learners
· Expectations for the future of online learning
· Top-of-mind perceptions of a college education
· Factors influencing the college choice
· Library use by online learners
· MOOCs—a massively interesting case study on the future of education
· The library brand
· Implications and opportunities for academic and public libraries.
Download the PDF of the entire report here: http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/oclc/reports/tipping-point/215133-tipping-point.pdf