FREE Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) from San José State University (SJSU) School of Information, aims to explore the impact of new technologies while introducing participants to important issues, emerging trends, and the skills necessary to plan effectively for the future. As a participant, you will experience an interactive online learning environment via a wide range of tools and diverse materials (e.g., freely accessible readings, recorded presentations, and online videos), and you’ll have an opportunity to:
- Explore the current technological environment
- Become immersed in the literature and practices of current futurists
- Select appropriate resources to use in planning for new technologies
- Discuss key impact factors and trends affecting our personal and global existence
- Engage with peers and instructors, heightening their learning and taking full advantage of this professional development opportunity
- Earn badges and MOOC certification on completion of activities related to each of the modules
Sign Up Now The “Emerging Future: Technology Issues and Trends” MOOC is open to everyone as a professional development opportunity. The MOOC does not offer academic credit. The class will run from Sept. 22, 2014 to Nov. 2, 2014. Participants will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis.