CCL-EAR Committee Chair Report
By Tamara Weintraub, CCL-EAR Committee Chair
Just as California’s community college libraries have deftly pivoted to offering electronic resources and support that successfully meet student and instructor needs while our campuses are closed to most on-site services, so too has the EAR Committee been busily fulfilling its charge entirely online. In support of CCL membership’s efforts to facilitate student learning during these difficult and challenging times, EAR continues to “explore ways in which the resources of our community college libraries could be maximized through cooperative ventures for electronic resources, databases and information.”
To this end, here are just a few of the things we have been working on since September:
- EAR Committee distributed its fourth annual electronic access and resources survey of California community college libraries. The findings will help inform decisions we make and actions we take in the near future. The survey link was emailed on Nov. 16 to the dean, director, head librarian, coordinator, or department chair on record with CCL for each institution. Your input is valuable. If you have not yet submitted it, please do so or delegate to another person at your institution. If you didn’t receive the survey but believe it should have been sent to you, please contact me.
- Statistics Resources Comparison review examining Statista, Rand State Statistics, and ProQuest’s Statistical Abstract was posted in Nov.
- Additional products reviews are underway.
- The product review format revision is almost complete, and will help facilitate access to EAR reviews.
- We’re developing plans for a second NetLibrary/EBSCO eBooks shared collection deselection project. Keep your eyes open for the call for volunteers to work on the project in Spring 2021.