The Electronic Access & Resources Committee, a standing committee of the Council of Chief Librarians, California Community Colleges (CCL), is charged to explore ways in which the resources of the community college libraries could be maximized through cooperative ventures for electronic resources, databases and information.
Committee Vice Chair/ Chair Elect
Northern Region Board Members
- Butte, Feather River, Lake Tahoe, Lassen, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyous, Woodland, Yuba
- American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa Valley, Redwoods, Sacramento City, Santa Rosa, Solano
San Francisco/East Bay
- Alameda, Chabot, Contra Costa, Diablo Valley, Laney, Las Positas, Los Medanos, Merritt, Ohlone, San Francisco, Berkeley City College
- Cabrillo, Cañada, De Anza, Evergreen Valley, Foothill, Gavilan, Hartnell, Mission, Monterey Peninsula, San Jose City, San Mateo, Skyline, West Valley
- Columbia, Clovis, Fresno City, Merced, Modesto, Reedley, San Joaquin Delta, Sequoias, West Hills
Southern Region Board Members
- Allan Hancock, Antelope Valley, Bakersfield, Canyons, Cuesta, Moorpark, Oxnard, Porterville, Santa Barbara, Taft, Ventura, Victor Valley
- Citrus, East Los Angeles, Glendale, Los Angeles City, Los Angeles Harbor, Los Angeles Mission, Los Angeles Pierce, Los Angeles Southwest, Los Angeles Trade-Tech, Los Angeles Valley, Mt. San Antonio, Pasadena City, Rio Hondo, Santa Monica, West Los Angeles
- Barstow, Cerro Coso, Chaffey, Copper Mountain, Crafton Hills, Desert, Moreno Valley, Mt. San Jacinto, Norco, Palo Verde, Riverside, San Bernardino
- Cerritos, Coastline, Compton, Cypress, El Camino, Fullerton, Golden West, Irvine Valley, Long Beach City, Orange Coast, Santa Ana, Saddleback, Santiago Canyon
- Cuyamaca, Grossmont, Imperial Valley, MiraCosta, Palomar, San Diego City, San Diego Mesa, San Diego Miramar, Southwestern
CCL-EAR Review Nomenclature
Below is a listing of the types of reviews conducted by the CCL-EAR committee which were adopted at the October 5/6/06 meeting in Burbank.
- Preview [a.k.a. Look/See] (1-2 committee members)
- Initial look at products, within CCL-EAR purview, to determine whether to proceed with review or comprehensive review.
- Product Statements (1-2 committee members)
- Statements regarding products not reviewed and/or offered by the consortium (i.e., ArtSTOR)
- Review (1-2 committee members)
- 1-2 pages in length for products not needing a comprehensive review
- Comprehensive Review (3+ committee members)
- A comprehensive review of the product using the CCL-EAR review template including a defined list of questions submitted to the vendor for response.
- Updates (1-2 committee members)
- For products that have been previously reviewed by the CCL-EAR committee and have not substantially changed since that review. An update is typically a few paragraphs explaining any minor changes/updates to the product.
- Content Comparison Review (3+ committee members)
- A comparison of the content included in several databases within a subject area, i.e. newspapers, literature, health. This is not a comprehensive review of the databases being compared; only an initial analysis of the content provided.
Consortium Participation Report FY2016