Fall Update from the Executive Director
Wow … caught your breath yet? Someday, we’ll all look back and …. Well, who am I kidding, we’ll all be too busy shaping Ex Libris into the tool to take us to the next great level of student learning and success!
I do want to call your attention to one small piece of CCL business – yes, this year’s CCL membership invoice is hitting the mailbox soon. No change in cost: still $150.00.
What does your college get from that modest expense? Here are some but not all of the benefits:
- Workshops and the annual meeting
- The Outlook
- The work of CCL-EAR, the Library Consortium purchasing arrangement, and the free CountryWatch database
- The two listservs
- The participation by CCL in the implementation of Ex Libris, and the development of the ongoing governance & organizational structure
- The seats which CCL has at the Chancellor’s Office – Library Advisory Committee, Telecommunications and Technology Committee – and liaison role with the CIO Executive Board
- The liaison position with the ASCCC Executive Committee
- General work and effort to make the world safe for the CCC libraries!
And no change in cost: still $150.00. Please watch the mail for your library’s membership invoice!
Regards -- Gregg Atkins, Executive Director, CCL