Rio Hondo College
Fall 2016 semester, Rio Hondo College Library welcomes intern, Brian Young, from San Jose State University. Brian is working toward the completion of his MLIS degree in Spring 2016. Adele Enright, is the intern supervisor of record; in addition, all librarians and library staff will participate in providing guidance and information about our community college library’s operation, services, and programs. Brian will be completing 130 hours of internship that will include, but are not limited to job shadowing in reference, instruction, collection development, and other librarian tasks. He will also learn about and participate in:
· Reference service to students.
· Library instruction for classes.
· Workshops for small groups of students
· Collection development projects
· Library research guides (known as LibGuides)
· Library instruction content development
· Reference and library use enhancements that will assist students in effective library research and library use.
· Other projects, such as participating in strategic planning for the library