Recent Library Worker Conference Presentations
Congratulations to our CCL library workers on the following conference presentations:
- Nathasha Alvarez and Rita Suarez (East Los Angeles College), Community College Library Internships and Nontraditional Mentor Models (poster presentation)
Cal OER 2023
- Marina Aminy (California Virtual Campus), Una Daly (CCCOER, Open Education Global), Kimberly Coutts (Miracosta College), Kelsey Smith (West Hills College Lemoore), "Engaging Campus Stakeholders in OER/ZTC Growth with Outcomes Data."
- Andi Adkins Pogue (Cosumnes River College), "Making it Easy to Say 'Yes' – Supporting Faculty to Adopt Open Educational Resources."
- Anthony Cuomo, Ryan Edwards, Ana Figueroa (West Los Angeles College), “We’re on Our Way: West’s Path to Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Degrees."
- Kelsey Smith (West Hills College Lemoore), "“CA Consortium for Equitable Change at Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) with OER (CC ECHO) Project Showcase."
- Karrie Bullock (Merced College), "Rising Scholars: Academic Librarianship for the Incarcerated Student" (lightning talk).
- Alysa Cua (UC Riverside), Blanca Garcia-Barron (Mt. San Jacinto College), Sandy Enriquez (UC Riverside), "Transcending Silos: Communicating Across Roles in Academic Libraries" (breakout session).
- Erika Montenegro & Cynthia Mari Orozco (East Los Angeles College), "Power and Empowerment: Labor, Agency, and Dynamic Relationships in Academic Libraries" (keynote).
- Dr. kim l. morrison, Chabot College, and kyzyl fenno-smith, California State University, East Bay, "Whiteness as Property is Epistemic Violence, Student Cultural Wealth is Harm Reduction" (breakout session).
- Michelle Morton (Cabrillo College); Tanya Hollis, (Labor Archives Research Center, San Francisco State University); Enrique Buelna (Cabrillo College); Nicholas Rowell (Cabrillo College), "Mutual Aid: Working Across Systems to Integrate Labor and Community History Primary Sources into Instruction" (breakout session).
- Josh Rose (College of Alameda), "Highlighting BIPOC Scientists and Researchers: A Library One-Shot for STEM disciplines" (lightning talk).
Critical Pedagogy Symposium: A Focus on Critical Race Theory 2023
- "The Library as Carceral Geography: How LIS Professionals Can Engage in the Work of Liberatory Place-Making," lawrence maminta (Long Beach City College) and Jeremy Abbott.
Mt. San Antonio College FLEX Professional Development Day, Spring 2023
- Eva Rios-Alvarado and Andreanna McCall, Mt. San Antonio College, "Teaching for Liberation: Activating WOC Feminist Methods for Your Zine Assignments."
Open Education Conference
- Cristina Springfield, Monika Chavez, Hong Guo (Mt. San Antonio College), "No Step is Too Small: Course Reports as a Strategy to Advance OER at Your Institution."
POC in LIS 2023
- Luz Badillo (Santa Monica College), Selina Portera (Santa Barbara City College), lawrence maminta (Long Beach City College), "''Connecting with the Library (under)commons': Building Community through Class Solidarity as Anticolonial Praxis."
- Blanca Garcia-Barron, Mt. San Jacinto College, "Resisting the Institutionalization of DEIA: Border Thinking and Academic Librarianship" (lightning talk).
- Terezita Reyes Overduin (Chaffey College), "Racelighting: Understanding Experiences with Questioning Our Own Realities."