Wiley (Evidence-Based Book Acquisition)
Wiley’s Evidence-Based Acquisition (EBA) program allows colleges to determine an amount of money they wish to spend with Wiley for electronic books in a given subject collection or collections. Once that amount has been determined, Wiley will open up access to your college for that entire subject collection or collections for 365 days. You will be able to download MARC records and turn on these collections in your discovery tool, if you have one. After 365 days has passed, you will receive a detailed usage report for these collections, and at that point you will be able to use the initial amount of money you spent to purchase the titles you wish to own from those collections in perpetuity – with no hosting fee!
Wiley offers fourteen different subject collections from which colleges can choose access:
• Life Sciences
• Humanities (includes Art)
• Chemistry (pub date 1999 and earlier)
• Chemistry (pub date 2000 and later)
• Social and Behavioral Science (includes Law)
• Earth and Environment
• Agriculture, AquaCulture and Food Science
• Business, Economics, Finance & Accounting
• Math & Statistics
• Medicine & Nursing, Dentistry, Healthcare
• Engineering – ALL (includes Bio, Civil, EEE, Industrial, Mechanical, + Architecture, Comp Sci/IT)
• Physical Science – (excludes Engineering): includes Astronomy, Energy, Math, Nanotechnology, Physics
• Veterinary Science
† The offers and trials information are password protected. Actual prices are confidential between the vendor and the consortium.
For access contact James Wiser, Library Consortium Director, 916.800.2175.