2019 CCL Library Leadership Scholarship - Call for Applications
The purpose of the California Community College Council of Chief Librarians (CCL) Library Leadership scholarship is to encourage and support the leadership development of community college library chief librarians. The CCL Library Leadership Scholarship subsidizes the attendance for a chief librarian to be an active participant in a leadership training, institute, or seminar.
Applicants must be a CCC library dean, director, department chair, head librarian, or coordinator. Scholarship recipients are required to present on their leadership experience at the annual CCL Deans, Directors, & Department Chairs meeting and/or write an article about their leadership experience for CCL Outlook. Award The award is up to $3,000 for the CCL Library Leadership Scholarship .Scholarship funding is intended for costs of registration, accommodations, and transportation as needed. Depending on the program costs and location, the award may not cover all expenses.
The online application form will ask you for:
- Your contact information
- Brief profile including current and prior positions, education, and major job accomplishments
- Personal Statement (350 words max) that describes how your participation in a program will support your professional goals related to library leadership and speaks to the criteria below
- A letter of support from your supervisor or college president
Factors considered in awarding the scholarship include evidence of:
- Commitment to a career in community college library leadership
- Proven leadership potential
- Potential financial need Candidates should also indicate what specific competencies or characteristics they believe they have to offer to community college library leadership.
Application Closes on April 26th, 2019. Late applications will not be considered. Scholarship Award will be announced in early May. The recipient must be accepted to and compete for participation in a leadership program before September 30, 2019, or they will forfeit the award.