PowerNotes is designed to address the challenges inherent to source-based writing in the digital environment, and seeks to improve writing quality with tools that provide an efficient and continuous workflow through the entire digital research and writing process.
PowerNotes incorporates features that:
• Improve reading comprehension and retention in the digital environment
• Prevent unintentional plagiarism
• Enable students to gather, annotate, and save research content and citation information efficiently
• Put students in the best position to write by providing an efficient organizational framework
• Provide instructors and librarians with visibility into the students’ research process
PowerNotes is a subscription-based, Google Chrome (and soon Mozilla Firefox) extension that allows users at your college to sign up for a free premium account that allows students and faculty to intuitively and easily manage sources, notes, and annotations. Materials for evaluating PowerNotes can be found on their blog:
Materials on how to use PowerNotes can be found on their help page:
† The offers and trials information are password protected. Actual prices are confidential between the vendor and the consortium.
For access contact James Wiser, Library Consortium Director, 916.800.2175.